We commit to doing the right thing for our customers and for the environment. As such, we take every opportunity to improve the way we source products ensuring we are always striving to do better. Our on-going commitment to social responsibility will ensure that we are always doing the right thing for our customers and the communities we serve in.
At Eggsmart, we believe in constantly working and partnering with suppliers that share the same values. We are committed to procuring high-quality food that meet our standards.
Our commitment to animal welfare ensures that our suppliers’ policies and practices align with our organizations values and goal of processing animals more humanely.
Broiler Bird Welfare
By 2024, we will require our chicken suppliers to do the following for 100% of our products:
1. Transition to strains of birds that demonstrate higher welfare outcomes that meet the criteria of the RSPCA Broiler Breed Welfare Assessment Protocol or Global Animal Partnership (GAP).
2. Reduce stocking density to a maximum of 30 kg/sq. meter and prohibit broiler cages.
3. Provide birds enriched environments including litter, lighting, and enrichment that meets GAP’s new standards.
4. Process chickens in a manner that avoids pre-stun handling and instead utilizes a multi-step controlled atmosphere processing system that induces an irreversible stun.
5. Demonstrate compliance with the above standards via third party auditing.
Cage Free Eggs
Eggsmart is committed to sourcing and serving 100 percent cage-free eggs in all of its restaurants by 2025.
At Eggsmart, we are concerned about our environment and the future. We work with suppliers to review environmentally friendly packaging and in-store finishes that focus on the conservation of energy.